Friday, April 3, 2015

Week12-Final Thoughts about CSC148

This week is last week of the semester, can't believe that I finally completed all the works!  I decide to write some final thoughts about the course, and go over what I have done in these months. 

The first couple weeks of this course is about basic ideas of object-oriented programming and abstract data type. They are developed based on what we learnt in CSC108, and I consider them to be quite straight forward and easy to understand. I met my partners for Assignment1, who are also my team mates for Assignment 2 and 3 in later part of the term. We completed Assignment1 together and received a pleasant grade. 
Test 1 is a critical time spot in this course because everything after test1 started to get complicated. When the topic of Tree is introduced, we have to develop a kind of recursive thinking, and  look at each problem in a bigger picture to solve them. After Assignment2, the course speeded up to dramatically. If you fail to understand the basic idea of Tree, you won't be able to get Binary Tree, than you will fail LinkedList and NNode. I have to study so hard to make sure that I am not behind for the next lecture.Then, the strike came. I was quite happy that TAs can unite together and fight for a better pay. However, I couldn't meet my lab partners because the labs are cancelled. The last couple weeks are not very challenging. My partners and I managed to finished Assignment3 on time, and ever things went well. 

Overall, I won't rate this course as enjoyable, because I did find quite a few difficulties throughout the term, and it took me much more time comparing my other courses. However, I definitely feel proud of myself for completing this course because I finished all the required tests and assignments that I never thought that I would able to complete as a psychology students with absolutely no computer background. I will carefully prepare for the final exam, and I hope I will have good luck on that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment